- Use your hands on my daughter and you’ll lose them after.
- You make her cry, I make you cry.
- Safe sex is a myth. Anything you try will be hazardous to your health.
- Bring her home late, there’s no next date.
- If you pull into my driveway and honk, you better be dropping off a package because you’re sure not picking anything up.
- No complaining while you’re waiting for her. If you’re bored, change my oil.
- If your pants hang off your hips, I’ll gladly secure them with my staple gun.
- Dates must be in crowded public places. You want romance? Read a book.
On Thursday, June 9, Michael Meinhardt, CEO of Cloudwords, and I will present a webinar featuring eight of our own simple rules. Instead of dealing with teenagers (of which I have two though Michael’s children aren’t quite that old yet), we are gong to be discussing the 8 Simple Rules You Can Apply to Tame Your Content, and Make it Cheaper, Easier, and Faster to Translate. In a nutshell, here are the rules:
- Not all errors are created equal. Some can cost you thousands of dollars.
- Creative writing is a myth. Standardize.
- Real copy editors don’t do it without a terminology manager.
- The best companies use a multi-lingual glossary and style guide.
- Got translation memory? Your vendors do.
- Tired of managing projects through spreadsheets and email? Stop the insanity.
- No complaining about the quality of your tech writers. Afterall, you agreed to outsource your docs to _____________________in the first place. (Insert your country here.)
- Translation is a team sport. You want to work alone? Become an accountant.
Over the next few weeks, I will go into detail about each of these rules and add a few more of my own. Until then, I hope you’ll join us on Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 11:00 am Pacific Daylight Time (San Francisco, GMT-08:00). To register, just click here.